Learn How to Lose Weight Fast
Dearborn Weight Loss
Hi, My name is Nick Lopez and I'd like to welcome you to Dearborn Boot Camp and Personal Training blog. I have helped hundreds of your family and friends right here in Dearborn/Dearborn Heights get in the best shape of their lives and I can do the same for you.
This blog is designed to help Dearborn/Dearborn Heights residents feel great, lose weight and add years to their lives.
I love being a personal trainer because it allows me to change lives. So let’s get started!
You'll discover simple, yet effective ways to help you lose weight fast without spending hundreds of dollars on stupid gadgets and diet pills.
If you're tired of spinning your wheels trying to lose weight, come back often because you've discovered the #1 Dearborn/Dearborn Heights weight loss site on the internet. In addition to the killer posts and articles on this blog, you'll also get resources, tips, ideas, and systems for losing weight fast. Best of all, you'll get information that you can apply today and get results now!
Whether you want to lose 10 lbs or 100 lbs of weight, or if you just want to know how to live a healthier life - this is the resource site for YOU.
This is one of my favorites for a cold winter day. You can cook it in bulk and portion it out very easily!
- 2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1- 15oz can black beans
- 2 -15oz cans tomato sauce
- 1- 15oz can diced tomatoes
- a bunch of diced onions, green, red and yellow peppers
- 1 Package Mrs Dash salt-free chili mix
- pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- nonstick cooking spray
Per serving: 255 calories, 2g fat, 20g carbs, 35g protein.
- Use the spray to sautee the onions and peppers, add the turkey after they are tender
- Cook turkey completely (should turn white)
- Add the totmatoes tomato sauce, beans, onion powder and mrs dash seasoning packet
- Bring to a boil then drop to low heat and let simmer for 15 mins
- Enjoy with optional fat free cheddar cheese or “Go Veggie” soy based cheese
If this recipe helped you out or looks good, do me a big favor and click one of the share buttons below so you can help someone else out
Excess sugar has devastating effects on our health. It has been directly tied to to metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cancer and of course obesity. (something to consider over Halloween)
And it gets worse because there is hidden sugar in almost EVERYTHING making use sicker and fatter with every bite.
So even when you think you’re doing a good job at eliminating sure – you’re not.
John Oliver makes some great points in this clip from his show “Last Week With John Oliver” and I guarantee it will be the funniest thing you’ll see today.
I crave pizza all the time, so this is right up my alley! Enjoy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 boats, about 6 servings
- 6 small zucchini (2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce (Any will do)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded LOW FAT mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (1.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices (get turkey pepperoni for 70% less fat!)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, set aside.
- Cut each zucchini into halves through the length (if they don’t lye flat trim a thin portion from bottoms so that they will lye mostly flat. I only had to do this with one of them). Pat insides dry with paper towels (cut portion). Align on prepared baking sheet. In a bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic then brush lightly over tops of zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then brush a slightly heaping 1 Tbsp marinara sauce over each zucchini, leaving a small rim near edges uncoated. Sprinkle tops evenly with mozzarella cheese then with parmesan cheese. Top with pepperoni slices (placing them more near centers as the cheese will melt and spread). Bake in preheated oven 12 – 18 minutes (bake time will vary depending on how thick your zucchini are and how crisp/tender you want them).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh oregano. Serve warm.
Who needs a Hot-N-Ready when you have this delicious healthier option?
There is a huge Muslim population here in Dearborn, so I really hope this article helps a lot of our local residents!
Firstly, if you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you already know what Ramadan is. If you don’t, in a nutshell, it’s a sacred month for Muslims where they do not eat nor drink anything from sunrise to sunset.
Now for the average person, while still difficult to do, it’s not impossible. But for a physically active person, this can be extremely difficult. Here are my top 5 tips for not losing momentum, and even accelerating your fat loss during this month if you observe Ramadan.
Tip #1: Hydrate and Do the RIGHT Kind of Cardio
Being dehydrated can decrease your strength by up to 19%. It’s also even more of an issue because we’re in the middle of summer, so it’s way easier to get dehydrated.
This will change your sleeping pattern, but it’s necessary if you still wish to exercise during Ramadan: You need to drink about 1 or 2 liters of water before sunrise every morning when you wakeup!
Everyone is the most dehydrated when they first wake up, if you don’t have a chance to hydrate immediately after waking up, you’re going to be screwed all day. Doing this will hydrate you and also fill up your stomach so you can feel full with less calories if you choose to eat at this time as well.
As for cardio, well most forms of cardio cause you to sweat a lot, which dehydrate you. So a solution you can try is a shorter, more intense bout of cardio, I.E. interval training.
For example, 10 mins of interval training is more effective than 30 mins of long steady-state cardio in this case because you won’t lose as much water, but it’s still very effective for fat loss.
Also, be sure to drink at LEAST a liter of water after sunset…even if this causes you to wake up all the time to pee, so be it. Remember: Thirst is a BAD indicator of being dehydrated…if you are thirsty, it’s way too late, you were dehydrated long before!
Tip #2: Eat the RIGHT Kinds of Foods
Knowing WHAT to eat is way more important than WHEN you eat it when it comes to fat loss. During Ramadan, your body is under a lot of stress from not eating or drinking all day, that is not what you are used to and it’s screwing with your metabolism, DON’T make it worse on yourself by eating crap.
You have NO room for garbage during this month.
Because your window of eating is very small, you want to make sure you eat enough calories. It’s a common misconception that if you starve yourself, you will lose weight, and this is simply not true. It actually pisses me off when people think this.
You NEED food! Your metabolism will quickly crash and you’ll feel like complete shit if you under-eat habitually.
You should have slightly larger portions of things with good complex carbohydrates in them, lean protein in them, or vegetables in them. Its all about portion control.
If you don’t use any supplements, Ramadan is the perfect opportunity to use my favorite delicious protein powder.
A couple scoops mixed with some water or almond milk is PERFECT right before you go to sleep and will supply your body with the adequate protein it needs.
Tip #3: Don’t Overdue It
Because you will be eating less calories than normal during this month, you really don’t need to workout every single day. You can away with 3-4 good workouts per week. Try to give yourself a day inbetween each workout.
So what type of workout is best?
I highly suggest a mixture of strength training and cardio in interval-style.
Tip #4: Workout at the Optimal Time
This one is pretty simple and should be common sense. You basically have 3 options, workout before sunrise so you can still eat something and drink water after, or you workout after sunset, for the same reasons.
The third option and the one I would do, is to workout right before the sunset. That way by the time you’re done, it will be time to eat
Like is said, your sleep pattern will probably be different for this month, but it’s really the only logical and feasible solution.
There’s no way you should be working out in the middle of the day, especially in the summer, and workout. That is extremely dangerous because you can’t drink any water.
So that’s it! Pretty simple tips but will be highly effective if you do them!
Have an awesome day,
Please share this by clicking the buttons below to help out other Ramadan observers!
Lose weight and drink alcohol – Dearborn Personal Trainer tells how you can lose weight and still drink alcohol.
If you like drinking alcohol and want to lose weight, watch this video.
More Dearborn weight loss tips: http://TheDearbornBootCamp.com
Thanks for sharing this video: http://youtu.be/900sOg8-q_U